A Patient-Centered Medical Home
Our patient-centered medical home (PCMH) provides a means for you to stay informed and involved in your healthcare. You are the center of our team, and we look forward to meeting you and your family’s healthcare needs.
As your primary care patient-centered medical home team, we pledge to:
- Learn all about you, your history, your care preferences, and your health goals.
- Explain diseases, treatments, and results in an easy-to-understand way.
- Keep treatments, discussions, and records private.
- Be available to you during and after regular business hours for your care needs.
- Provide instructions on how to meet your health needs after hours.
- Give you clear directions about treatments and medications.
- Listen to your questions and concerns to help you make decisions about your care.
- Send you to trusted experts if needed and coordinate with those experts about your care.
- Be sure to communicate test results in a timely fashion, information on alternative services that help you maintain a healthy lifestyle, and updates on vaccines and screenings.
- End every visit with clear instructions about expectations, treatments, and future plans.
We trust you, our patient, to:
- Know that you are a full partner in your care. Ask questions and share your feelings.
- Be honest about your history, symptoms, and other important information.
- Prepare for and keep scheduled appointments, or reschedule as early as possible.
- Let us know when you have seen another doctor or received other healthcare services, so we can be sure we are all working together for you.
- Make healthy decisions about your daily habits and lifestyle.
- Learn about and understand your condition.
- Follow the plan you and your doctor agreed upon, including taking medications as directed.
- Call your doctor first, with all problems, unless it is a medical emergency.
- End every visit with a clear understanding of your doctor’s expectations, goals, and future plans.
- Give us feedback to help us improve our care for you.
For more information about how we care for our patients in our modern facilities, or to schedule an appointment with us, call Cox Family Practice at 336-629-6500.