Cox Family Practice: A Patient Centered Medical Home
Our Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) provides a means for you to stay informed and involved in your healthcare. You are at the center of this team and we look forward to serving you and your family’s healthcare needs.
As your Primary Care Patient Centered Medical Home Team, WE PLEDGE TO:
- Learn all about you, your history, your care preferences and your health goals.
- Explain diseases, treatments, and results in an easy-to-understand way.
- Keep treatments, discussions, and records private.
- Be available to you during and after regular business hours for your care needs.
- Provide instructions on how to meet your health needs after hours.
- Give you clear directions about treatments and medications.
- Listen to your questions and concerns to help you make decisions about your care.
- Send you to trusted experts if needed and coordinate with those experts about your care.
- Be sure to communicate: Test results in a timely fashion, information about alternative services to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle, and updates on vaccines and screenings.
- End every visit with clear instructions about expectations, treatments, and future plans.
We trust you, as our patient, to:
- Know that you are a full partner in your care. Ask questions and share your feelings.
- Be honest about your history, symptoms, and other important information.
- Prepare for and keep scheduled appointments or reschedule as early as possible.
- Let us know when you have seen another doctor or received other healthcare services so we can be sure we are all working together for you.
- Make healthy decisions about your daily habits and lifestyle.
- Learn about and understand your condition.
- Follow the plan you and your doctor agreed upon, including taking medications as directed.
- Call your doctor first, with all problems, unless it is a medical emergency.
- End every visit with a clear understanding of your doctor’s expectations, goals, and future plans.
- Give us feedback to help us improve our care for you.
Improved Communication and Access to Information
You can communicate with a Medical Home Team member anytime during normal working hours by calling (336) 629-6500.
We have implemented a web-based PATIENT PORTAL that will allow you to learn about a particular medical condition, electronically communicate with your Healthcare Team, and receive electronic reminders about your personal conditions and your labs.
ACCESS: www.gotomyclinic.com/coxfamilypractice (or www.cox family practice.com)
SIGN UP: A consent form must be filled out at our office and then it is very simple to start using. We are very excited about this new opportunity for communication.
How will I contact my Medical Home Team?
Make appointments or inquires at (336) 629-6500, Monday through Friday 8 am – 5 pm, excluding lunch daily 12:00-1:30 pm and holidays.
Outside the above hours, for urgent medical matters, an on-call provider may be reached at (336) 460-9146. A provider will call you back within 15 minutes for urgent medical needs and 1 hour for non-urgent medical needs.
PLEASE CALL 911 FOR EMERGENCIES. Please have a family member call us to let us know you have gone to the hospital. If able, we will forward health information to aid in your care as well as better able to coordinate your follow-up care. If admitted, please call within 2 business days of discharge to set up a follow-up appointment.